In 2018, we were introduced to the technologically advanced society of Wakanda. With this, we were also introduced to the Black Panther, played by the late Chadwick Boseman. Here are five theories about this Wakandan superhero.
1. When Thanos snapped half of the universe away in Infinity War, T’Challa went away. While he was gone, Wakanda seemed to be without a king. With this theory though, fans suggest that M’Baku took the place of king. M’Baku and T’Challa were evenly matched during their fight for the throne, and it’s not a stretch to think that he took over things after T’Challa disappeared.
2. In Black Panther, we saw Killmonger gain the Black Panther powers for the first time. Even with these powers though, T’Challa was able to defeat him. when the two fought without their powers though, Killmonger came out victorious.
This theory suggests that T’Challa won against Killmonger because he had more experience with the Black Panther powers. Since Killmonger was new to the power, he wasn’t as precise or coordinated as T’Challa. Because of this, he loses the fight at the end of the movie.
3. It’s no secret that M’Baku is incredibly strong. At times, it seems like he even has the power of the Black Panther. How would this be possible without the Heart-Shaped Herb? Fans speculate that the Jabari have their own secret herb garden. When T’Challa is injured, he is brought to the Jabari, who happen to have the herb on hand.
If the Jabari have their own secret herb garden, we could possibly see M’Baku or another member of the tribe become the next Black Panther. Marvel has even stated that someone else may become the Black Panther, but they have yet to go into detail as to who it would be.
4. Throughout Captain America’s movies, we learn about the Super Soldier serum. This is the serum that turned Steve into the superhuman he was. Many fans suggest that the Super Soldier serum is derived from the Heart-Shaped Herb, and this is why the serum cannot be replicated.
Interestingly, Captain America is also linked with vibranium, which can only be found in Wakanda. When Howard Stark got the vibranium needed for Captain America’s shield, he may have also obtained a sample of the Heart-Shaped Herb and created the Super Soldier serum.
5. At the end of Black Panther, T’Challa reveals Wakanda and shares vibranium with the rest of the world. With vibranium more prevalent, fans theorize that Tony Stark got his hands on a lot of it. Vibranium would probably be expensive, but Tony Stark had enough money to buy it.
With this purchased vibranium, Tony Stark could upgrade his suits and make them stronger. Additionally, he repairs Captain America’s vibranium shield in Civil War. After he repairs the shield, it appears brand new. The shield could only be repaired with the material it was made from, so this suggests that Tony Stark had vibranium on hand.